Estimated Travel Time from Airport to City Centre
||Travel Time (Normal)
||Travel Time (Rush Hour)
Travel Advice For Egypt - Cairo
- Foreign visitors are advised to avoid all but essential travel to Egypt and avoid any travel to the North Sinai region. Political instability, violent demonstrations and a high threat of terrorism have contributed to making Egypt relatively unsafe for travellers.
- Arrival: immigration and security at airports can be very stressful, and there have been reports of airport police seeking bribes from foreign citizens. Tristar Worldwide advises using our meet-and-greet service if you plan on travelling to Egypt. Our experienced and reliable representatives will escort you from your plane to your car, allowing you to complete disembarkation procedures with minimal hassle.
- As security is increasingly important in Egypt, Tristar Worldwide undertakes special measures to guarantee the safety of our clients. We do not visibly use our company name or brand, unless explicitly asked to by our clients. All passengers will be met as they exit customs and escorted to their vehicle by their chauffeur. All car doors are kept locked and windows closed, even during travel, to ensure your safety and security.
- Egypt is a Muslim country and travellers must abide by local laws and customs. It is very important to dress conservatively. This is especially true for women, who must ensure clothing is not revealing, short or tight. Loose-fitting garments that cover arms and legs is good attire when going out in public.
- Egyptian Pound
Top 5 Business Tips
- Egyptians prefer to conduct business with people they know, so it is better to have an Egyptian contact who can arrange introductions and be a mutual spokesperson.
- Socializing and cultivating friendly relationships is important in the Egyptian business environment. Initial meetings will concentrate more on this than business.
- Giving small gifts is acceptable, but make sure they are not expensive. As a majority of Egyptians are Muslim, avoid giving alcohol or pork-related products. Present gifts with both hands or your right hand – never the left (which is considered unclean).
- Business moves at a slow pace, so patience is a virtue. Trying to use high pressure tactics or being confrontational will not lead to success. Bear in mind, however, that Egyptians are known to be savvy negotiators.
- Shaking hands upon meeting is acceptable, but wait for women to offer their hands first. Be sure to use proper titles, as status is important in Egypt. Maintain eye contact with your male colleagues – a sign of sincerity and trustworthiness.
Teeming with life and ancient history, Cairo, the capital of Egypt is a mesmerising city, filled with a multitude of sights, sounds and attractions. Tristar Worldwide is delighted to offer our exceptional chauffeur services to help visitors to Cairo discover the city’s delights in comfort and style. Sprawling across Africa and the Middle East, Cairo is one of the world’s most heavily populated cities, and the political, financial and cultural heart of Egypt. With numerous historical attractions including the famous Sphinx and Giza pyramids at its doorstep, Cairo is a city ripe for exploration and discovery.